Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun with Re-tightening

Ok, I've made a few mistakes, goofs, ooopsies, however you want to look at it AND I now fully understand the importance of separating your locks as well as clipping adjacent locks completely out of the way when you're re-tightening. :-)

So I've unintentionally combined a few (oops) as well as intentionally combined a few and now have some locks with two heads. Weird looking but what can you do?

I had one that didn't cooperate and wound up with a big knot in the middle. The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got. So what did I do??? I got the scissors out and did a little innocent snip, snip and half the lock fell out in my hand. Oh well, it's just hair. It will grow back, right?

Well that's not the worse part. When I washed my hair, the half lock I was left with completely slipped. So now I have a little patch of loose hair that I don't know what to do with. Fortunately it's seriously buried in the side of my head so no one can see it. But I know it's there and every time I put my hand in my hair, I feel the loose hairs.

I want to braid it, but it's so short that I can't quite get it braided. Maybe there's a way to combine what's there with adjacent locks. Of course I've already done enough damage. I don't know, I'll leave it be for now.

Hey, for what it's worth, my locks have lots of character now. :-)

No comments: