Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Me!!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already since my Sisterlocks were installed.  So much has changed but I have to start out saying I love my hair.  We are finally at peace with each other.  50 years of battle is over. :-)

I took the re-tightening class at the end of May and did my own hair for the first time.  Yeah me!  Let me tell you, I do not like the tool they gave me at the re-tightening class. It's hard to use, hurts my fingers and constantly gets caught in my hair. Sorry to say it, but I gave up and ordered  the Nappylocs tool.  After it came, I sailed through my hair.  It had taken me over a week to do half my head with  the Sisterlocks tool.  I finished the other half in one day with the Nappylocs tool. I'm sure there are plenty of who manage just fine with the Sisterlocks tools.  I'm just not one of them.

More and more people give me positive comments on my hair.  Most of them saying they'd like to grow locks too.  I actually had one lady ask me if they were Sisterlocks.  That was a first, usually I'm telling them they're Sisterlocks.  She said she wanted them but didn't like the price.  I said that was a personal choice but in my book they're worth every penny.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and think they haven't grown all that much.  But just when I say that, the ones in the back get caught in the zipper of my dress or they tickle my neck.  Or even better, I'm walking down the street and feel them bouncing around.  That always makes me laugh.  Of course when I look back at this picture, the difference is obvious.  I love my Sisterlocks.  They really are the best thing decision I ever made.  Happy Anniversary to me!

No comments: