Saturday, September 20, 2008

Family Picnic - July 6, 2008

Well I survived the family outing with mixed reactions. My brother and his wife actually asked me a ton of questions. I found out that she’s been chemical free for 3 years. I just never noticed because she’s always worn weaves. They both are interested in locks but didn’t know how to go about it. They were both surprised at how many options there are for locking your hair. So that was a very good discussion.

On the other hand, my mother and sister kept huddling off to the side, looking over at me and huddling some more. I know I was the subject and my sister was definitely not into my hair but I wasn’t surprised at how easily my mother changed positions. Like I said before, she’s been my severest critic especially when she’s with my sister. Whatever, this is still my journey and I’m glad to be on it.

1 comment:

leightred said...

Hang in there Baby, they may be green with envy of your hair in a year when they see for themselves your loc's length and the versatility of your styling options. SL rules.